Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 83rd Birthday Swami - Sathya Sai Baba 23.11.08

For my friends who doesn't know or not familiar with my beloved teacher Sathya Sai Baba, this message from him is self explanatory :

"I have come to light the lamp of Love in your hearts, to see that it shines day by day with added luster. I have not come on behalf of any exclusive religion. I have not come on a mission of publicity for a sect or creed or cause, nor have I come to collect followers for a doctrine. I have no plan to attract disciples or devotees into my fold or any fold. I have come to tell you of this unitary faith, this spiritual principle, this path of Love, this virtue of Love, this duty of Love, this obligation of Love. (4 July 1968, Baba)"

Today it's Baba's birthday. However, to ascribe the term 'Birthday' to the Birthless one seems inappropriate. Advent would be better to describe the magnitude of the event of the Supreme coming into our midst in a human form. As a devotees, we refer to it as Birthday. Swami has no desire to have his Birthday celebrated. Such trivial thoughts never goes to him. The celebration is to share his Love with us and to encourage us to lead lives full of bliss, aware of the unity of mankind, promote love and service the joy to every one on earth.

My god sis Ting reminded me a few days ago about the celebrations of the birthday held in Singapore Tao Payoh In Door Stadium. My God mum and dad who are one of the organisers for Chinese team will be singing Mandarin songs from 2pm for half an hour. They are very devoted and practicing Baba's teachings.

The even started from 6am till 9pm. The Stadium is packed with devotees and visitors. As usual, we went in the evening after taking vegetarian dinner in Bancoolen Foodcourt. It's raining cats and dogs. I'm not worried at all as I know Swami will make it easy for me and my family. I speak to him in my heart "Baba, I'm sure the rain will stop after our dinner." The rain stop after our dinner. The sky is clear the moment we finish our grain of rice. Baba heard me and love me as usual.



The night is wonderful and the songs are nice. We offer our respect to him and left for the night with bliss. Baba doesn't travel so he is not physically present in Singapore. However, we know our beloved Swami is present and always loving and teaching us. I bought some key chains and we are are also given wonderful gift.....the holy and healing gifts.



Happy Birthday Swami. I know you are always happy, everywhere. You said so. I know you want us to be happy all through, not just waiting for the birthday to recur every year. I will and I'll continue practicing your teachings even though I'm still very amateur.

Swami......
Thanks for guiding me when I'm weak. I'll keep trying to be a better person when many times I'm still very weak.
Thanks for sending me hints and messages when I'm in need.
Thanks for your Love and teachings.

No comments: